Airstream‎ > ‎

Badges


Finally getting to the logos and emblems that I never put back on in 2017
I riveted them to a sheet of metal so I could polish them all together.
  
First I sanded off all the failing chrome, then polished the letters.
Then I painted everything Charcoal Grey, then used the same polisher to remove the paint from the letters.
I think the badges are made from zamak not aluminum, so I finished them with a clear coat.  Hopefully it lasts.
  
  



This is my idea for replacing the logo on the front and back.
I just used a Solidworks font that was close.  16g Brass in a #4 polish.
  

The letters are flat, but the Airstream front has a radius, so I had to roll them to match if I wanted them to sit flat.
  

I thought I could use some fancy metal glue in a tube, but I'm not happy with the way they're sitting.
They're not flat, some of the letters don't have complete glue adhesion, and it's a mess.  I'm afraid that I'm going to dislodge some of the letters by trying to clean up the glue around and on them.  I ordered some 3M VHB thin adhesive tape used for construction and in the sign industry.
  




Comments